WDI Fundamentals Unit 2
1) Open up your terminal application.
2) Navigate into your
3) Move the
World directory you downloaded in the previous exercise from
Downloads to your home directory.
4) Check to see if you've successfully moved the
World directory by listing the contents of your home directory.
You may have noticed that we neglected to include Antarctica in the
World directory. Go ahead and correct this mistake straight from the command line:
1) Make sure you're in the
World directory within your home directory.
2) Make a new directory titled
Antarctica inside the
3) To be sure you created the directory in the right place, list the contents of the
4) If you haven't already, navigate back into the
5) List the contents of
South_America. There should be three country directories: Argentina, Brazil, and Chile.
7) Move the contents of
South_America into the
8) Delete the now empty
9) Change the name of the
North_America folder to
Part 3: Close and restart your terminal application.
1) In your command line, navigate to your home directory.
2) Print your working directory to confirm your location.
3) List the contents of the
Americas folder without changing your working directory (HINT: Use an absolute path).
4) In your home directory, create a new folder called "wdi-fundamentals."
5) Change the name of the
wdi-fundamentals folder to "fundamentals." Do not change its location.
6) We'll be using this folder to house your Fundamentals project, so keep it clean and don't delete it!
Stuck? Check out the solutions to see what you can do.
Think you've got it? Test yourself!