WDI Fundamentals Unit 3
Moving forward we'll be labeling HTML tags and relevant code in the
following format. e.g.,
pfor a paragraph tag or element.
Time to give it a go! In this exercise, you'll get some practice opening and closing your first HTML tags.
Your output should look like this:
Type your answers directly into the JS Bin text editor below. If you don't see the JS Bin below, please refresh the page.
1) Let's start with some content! Type the text below into your editor. Your content will render live in the Output window.
My first website! by a talented student Built at GA.
2) Next, open a level one heading tag (
h1) at the very beginning where it says, "My first website!"
3) Did you notice that all the content was set to
h1? Aha! That's because you still need to close the tag, which tells the browser when to stop rendering the text as a heading. Go ahead and close the heading tag now.
4) Open and close level two heading tag (
h2) on the second line that says, "by a talented student."
5) Lastly, wrap this sentence in a paragraph tag (
p): "Built at GA."
Sweet! You just built a website with HTML. Sure, it's pretty basic right now, but you're just getting started.
Make sure you have:
h1tags around the site's name.
h2tags around the site's subheading.
ptags around the site's body content.
Stuck? Check out the solutions for assistance.